Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Friday!

Hello There,
Sorry, still no camera so no pictures. I'll be shipping my camera out this weekend to Canon and hopefully get it back before Christmas!!

I did try a new recipe though-Sweet Potato and Pecan Cake. It was different and it was yummy. At least I thought so. My husband took one bite and said"the crust is good." Which means he probably wouldn't take another bite.

My daughter liked the cake a lot, without the icing. I know!! How could a child not like icing?! Especially homemade icing with butter and cream cheese. Oh well. At least I tried something new!
I'll post the recipe with the pictures later.

I'm in an excellent mood today since it is Friday!!!

Ahhh-wake up at a leisurely time tomorrow morning, no hitting the snooze button, mozy on down to the kitchen, drink a hot cup of coffee, soak in the sunshine, and reeeelax. O.K. real version: wake up at 7 because kids are up and want breakfast, hurriedly brush teeth, go downstairs and mull for 15 minutes on whether to make traditional Kerala breakfast or pancakes and bacon. Decide on bacon because I'm still seasoning my cast-iron skillet. 30 minutes later serve breakfast to starving kids. Turn cartoons on and go upstairs back to bed and feel guilty about not making Kerala breakfast but decide to do it on Sunday. Ahhhh life is good.

If anyone is reading this, let me know what your ideal Saturday morning would be!
Cheers!

No comments: